Monday, November 18, 2013

Pacquiao vs Rios: Manny and Bob Arum talk the fight, drug testing with VADA, Bradley-Marquez, and more

Manny Pacquiao is gearing up for his November 23 fight against Brandon Rios, as training camp continues in the Philippines. In this conference call transcript, Pacquiao and Bob Arum address a variety of fight topics.

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening, depending on what part of the world you are in. It is 10 PM in the evening here in the Philippines and we have had an extraordinary past two days here with Manny Pacquiao at his training camp here in General Santos City. Joining us here today are Fighter of the Decade Manny Pacquiao and Hall of Fame Promoter Bob Arum to talk about what's going on here and what will be coming up on November 23 when we have our historic event in Macau Live on Pay-Per-View between Manny and former world champion Brandon Rios.
BOB ARUM: It is very exciting to be here in General Santos City. The weather is such that we are trying to convince Julio César Chávez Jr. to train here - he would probably make 154 after he trained here. It's wonderful, Manny built his own gym right in his own three-story building next to our hotel and it's a tremendous place to train. In addition to Manny, Zou Shiming is here and we have the Chinese Army training here today with about 70 Chinese newsmen from Mainland China, Macau and Hong Kong. Manny looked terrific and we are getting really pumped up for the big fight on November 23rd. All of The Venetian Macao executives are here and it is really a spectacular event and the buzz here in the Philippines and in China is just enormous. Manny hosted a sumptuous media dinner at his mansion last night.

HBO PPV Boxing Pacquiao vs.Rios Fight HD Free


We now welcome Eight-Time World Champion and Fighter of the Decade Manny Pacquiao.
MANNY PACQUIAO: Thank you everyone, this is Manny Pacquiao and I would like to thank you all for giving me this opportunity to speak to you. My training here in General Santos City is very good and I am getting very excited for the fight. I have been training very hard for this fight and right now I feel like I am 25-years-old and training that way. I feel very good. My stamina and my quickness and power are there and I am very excited about that.

Manny there were over 100 media coming in from Mainland China and Macau - how was that?
MANNY PACQUIAO: I was very excited to have all of the media from China and from Macau. There were a lot of press here and they wanted to interview me and talk about the fight. I was more than happy to find out that they really love boxing.

Rios' Trainer Robert Garcia said you are not as intimidating as you were a few years ago. How do you feel about that?
MANNY PACQUIAO: He tries to say the words that he thinks will anger me but they don't mean much to me. What I have to do it to prove it to them on the night of the fight on November 23rd. I can say the words too, but I have to prove it when we get in the ring.

There has been talk of the drug testing. Has VADA been there to test you?
MANNY PACQUIAO: Yes, I was tested twice so there is no problem.

From what you have heard from Freddie Roach, do you think Manny can be the same intimidating guy that he was?
BOB ARUM: Well, that's what we will see on November 23rd. Manny is training more seriously and harder than any time I have ever seen him. Manny, to me, looks more dedicated than ever and General Santos City is the perfect place for him to train. He concentrates on nothing but his training and I think the Manny Pacquiao you are going to see on November 23rd and going to be perhaps better than the Manny Pacquiao we saw against De La Hoya, Hatton and Cotto.

Are you going to train differently so as to stay out of harm's way after what happened in Márquez fight?
MANNY PACQUIAO: My training for this fight has been unique and my training camp has been very long for this fight. My preparation has been going very well so I think it is going to be an exciting fight. I have given over 100% to my preparation for this fight.

What did you think of the Bradley-Márquez and Mayweather-Alvarez fights?
MANNY PACQUIAO: I didn't watch the fight between Bradley and Márquez but I heard what happened. I had predicted that Bradley would win the fight so I am not surprised at what happened. The fight between Mayweather and Canelo, I know Canelo told the press he would fight like the style of Manny Pacquiao but he didn't do that. Floyd is faster than him and quicker than him so the fight ended different.

Assuming you beat Rios, what will be next?

MANNY PACQUIAO: Right now I am not thinking about the next fight. What I have right now is focus on my training and preparation for Rios so I can be sure that victory is mine.

Can you tell me what you think Rios' strongest weaknesses are?

MANNY PACQUIAO: I can't tell you what his strongest weaknesses are now. It depends on how he prepares for the fight.

Read More on: http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/10/25/5028346/pacquiao-vs-rios-manny-and-bob-arum-talk-the-fight-drug-testing-with/in/4792437

No comments:

Post a Comment