Monday, November 18, 2013

Brandon Rios: 'I'm ready for the Manny Pacquiao that was dominating the game'

BOB ARUM: Hello everybody, I don't know if it's morning or night but we just got back from the Philippines last night in time for this conference call with Brandon Rios and Robert Garcia. Everyone is pumped and ready to go. The buzz in Asia is just tremendous. Over 70 media members from all over - mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore attended Manny's media day, and now we shift the focus to America with Brandon Rios on this conference call and his media day on Thursday.

BRANDON RIOS: Training camp has been going great. It's awesome. I won't say it been my best training camp ever, but it's been great. Now I am just ready to go out there and do what I've got to do.

Robert, we understand you are leaving for Macau on November 11 to get acclimated, how do you feel it's been going so far?
ROBERT GARCIA: Everything is great. We've had a great training camp with great sparring partners.. We will leave on the 11th and we have everybody - the cook, sparring partners ready to go.

How is preparation for a welterweight fight?
BRANDON RIOS: It is really great. I don't have to kill myself to make 140 or even 135 that I was doing before that. I fell really great and I feel really strong. I don't think the weight will affect me a negative way, I actually think it will help me.

HBO PPV Boxing Pacquiao vs.Rios Fight HD Free



ROBERT GARCIA: You know he seems to be much more comfortable at this weight. Normally three or four weeks out he is usually training to cut the weight and it was hurting his performances in the gym. That seven pounds is not going to hurt him at all. He is going to be stronger and he's going to be faster because he is not cutting weight like he did when he was fighting at 135 or 140. Now the training is on our game plan and how to beat Manny Pacquiao, not on cutting weight, and he will be better for it when he gets in the ring with Manny Pacquiao.
Read More on:http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/10/30/5046670/brandon-rios-im-ready-for-the-manny-pacquiao-that-was-dominating-the/in/4792437

No comments:

Post a Comment