Monday, November 18, 2013

Brandon Rios: 'The way I fight is why I have the wins and fans I have, and the reason I'm facing Pacquiao

Brandon Rios talks about his style, his approach, and whether or not he's letting his first pro loss get to him.


You've had tremendous success as a professional. You fought undefeated for nearly 10 years. You enter this fight in unfamiliar territory after falling to Alvarado. Will you prepare for this fight any differently than you always have? If so, how do you prepare so that you don't completely alter approach as a fighter to the point that you've moved away from what has made you a success?
"I'm going to fight the way I always fight. The only difference is I have to train in a smarter way. I can't train to fight the way I fought with Alvarado and other fighters I have fought. I have to train smart, train to fight Manny Pacquiao. I'm going to train the same way and fight the same way but in a smarter way, because I can't change my style of fighting. I can't change something that has got me where I am now. The way I fight is the reason I have the wins I have, the reason I have the fans I have and the reason I'm fighting the biggest fight in my career on November 23 in Macau, China.

HBO PPV Boxing Pacquiao vs.Rios Fight HD Free


"Falling to Alvarado in Rios vs. Alvarado II didn't affect me at all, what affected me was training to the Alvarado I fought the first time at the Home Depot Center. That's what affected me. I trained to fight hard, yes but to fight the Alvarado I fought before. When I trained for Alvarado the first time on October 13, 2012 I was confident and I was ready 100% for the fight. When I trained for Alvarado second time, I would say I was over confident because I knew I had hurt him the first fight I had already beat him. Therefore I believed I could do it again. That's where I messed up because I didn't really think he was going to change his game. I didn't train for a different Alvarado, I honestly didn't think he was going to change his routine. I trained for the Alvarado I had fought a few months back, that's where I messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment